The treasurer receives all money belonging to the county and all other money directed by law to be paid to the county. The treasurer safely keeps the same, applying, disbursing and rendering an account thereof as required by law.
Uintah County Treasurer
147 E Main
Vernal, UT 84078
147 E Main
Office hours are Monday through Friday
8 AM to 5 PM
Except legal holidays
(435) 781-5368 (Main Phone)
(435) 781-5370 (Fax)
Duties and Functions
The county treasurer serves in a dual capacity that involves financial transactions of public funds. As such the treasurer is:
- The custodian of all county funds and receives and disburses them upon proper authorization of the county commission and county auditor.
- The agent designated to collect and apportion the ad valorem taxes and to also receive, in trust, certain other money for the account of county government, the State of Utah, and other taxing units.
- The investment officer of the county
- Treasurers are directed by the State Money Management Act as to the investment of public funds. We are required to report quarterly, plus two other times during the year, chosen by The Utah Money Management Council of where our funds are invested. The first concern is safety of funds, then liquidity and then interest earned.
- The treasurer receives all money belonging to the county and all other money by law directed to be paid to him, safely keep the same, and apply and pay it out and render an account thereof as required by law.