March 9, 2017 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Uintah County Administration building (large conference room)
9:00am – 10:00am: Motorized recreation
10:00am – 11:00am: Non-motorized and river recreation
11:00am – 12:00pm: Review potential impacts on private land, grazing, archaeology, and oil and gas
Please RSVP to Katie@publiclandsolutions.org or (509) 430-3123 by March 8 to receive pre-workshop survey and materials.
Complete text of the discussion draft available at www.utahpli.com
Nearly 70% of the land in Uintah County is publicly owned, and therefore administered by state and federal agencies. Provisions in the Federal Land Policy and Management Act (FLPMA) provide for Uintah County to participate and have a strong voice in the planning and decision making processes associated with managing these public lands.
Uintah County's objectives are:
- To support the wise use, conservation and protection of public lands and its resources.
- To insure that the management is accomplished with the full participation of the County and is supported by tested and true scientific data.
- To insure that public access and rights-of-ways for utilities and transportation of product must be maintained.
- To insure that public lands are managed for multiple use and sustained yield and to prevent waste of natural resources.
- To support our national energy needs and insure that all public lands must remain open to the greatest extent possible for the exploration and production of energy and other energy related products.
- To support agriculture on public lands as part of our custom, culture, and heritage, and recognize it as an important segment of our local economy, as well as providing for a secure national food supply.
Public Lands Meeting
For Public Lands meeting dates and times, please call Cheryl Meier at 435-781-5483.
Trails Meeting. Schedule pending
TBA Public Hearing to vacate certain Class "D" roads from the Uintah County Transportation System Map
Commission Large Conference Room