A - E Departments
- Animal Shelter -- For providing for the safe and humane care and control of domesticated livestock, household pets, and other animals, within Uintah County, as well as for the enforcement of Federal, State, County and Municipal laws and ordinances effectuating the control of said animals in the County.
- Assessor -- The Assessor's Office is required to evaluate property, both real and personal property at its respective fair market value for the purpose of taxation within Uintah County. We are committed to being fair, accurate and equitable.
- Attorney -- The Uintah County Attorney's office has the responsibility of prosecuting felonies committed in Uintah County, as well as certain misdemeanor cases in the District and Uintah County Justice Courts, as well as criminal proceedings in Juvenile Court.
- Cemetery -- The Cemeteries Department maintains and manages County Cemeteries, Vernal Memorial Park, Maeser Fairview, Rock Point, Jensen, Dry Fork, Lapoint, Tridell, Gusher, Leota, Avalon, and Hayden. The Cemeteries Department strives to provide all families in the County with a good experience. The department is committed to the beautification of all cemeteries as well as development with new technologies to make each cemetery better.
- Clerk / Auditor -- The Clerk Auditor's office is here to help the public with Cemetery Deeds, Marriage Licenses, Passports, Property Tax Abatements, and General County Questions. We also facilitate Accounts Payable, the Board of Equalization, Commission Meeting Minutes, the County Budget, Elections, GRAMA Requests, the May Tax Sale, Payroll, and Tax Exempt Properties.
- Community Development -- The Community Development Office helps the public with all planning and zoning issues and applications, subdivisions, building permits and business licenses.
- Commissioners -- The County Commission Office is the office of the three elected County Commissioners, who are the executive and legislative governing body for Uintah County.
- Economic Development -- Uintah County businesses are discovering the distinct advantages that Uintah County can offer. Located in between Salt Lake City, Utah and Denver, Colorado, it is one of the busiest hubs in Northeastern Utah. Visit the Economic Development team's brand new site to find out more.
- Emergency Management -- The Uintah County Office of Emergency Management protects the community by coordinating the activities necessary to build, sustain and improve the capability to mitigate against, prepare for, respond to and recover from natural and man-made disasters.