Nearly 70% of the land in Uintah County is publicly owned, and therefore administered by state and federal agencies. Provisions in the Federal Land Policy and Management Act (FLPMA) provide for Uintah County to participate and have a strong voice in the planning and decision making processes associated with managing these public lands.
Uintah County's objectives are:
- To support the wise use, conservation and protection of public lands and its resources.
- To insure that the management is accomplished with the full participation of the County and is supported by tested and true scientific data.
- To insure that public access and rights-of-ways for utilities and transportation of product must be maintained.
- To insure that public lands are managed for multiple use and sustained yield and to prevent waste of natural resources.
- To support our national energy needs and insure that all public lands must remain open to the greatest extent possible for the exploration and production of energy and other energy related products.
- To support agriculture on public lands as part of our custom, culture, and heritage, and recognize it as an important segment of our local economy, as well as providing for a secure national food supply.
MEETINGS OF INTEREST
Public Lands Meeting
2nd Monday of the month, 6:00 pm South Conference Room