Do I need a hydrant letter from my water provider?
Yes, on most applications.
- The reason it is important to obtain this is because the fire district requires all new construction which includes Single Family Dwellings, Commercial structures, Out Buildings, & Additions to provide a hydrant location. Hydrants are required to be located within 600 feet of property. This is to ensure there is adequate fire protection.
- You will need to go to your water provider and have them provide you with a letter showing the fire hydrant location. If the letter indicates that the hydrant is over the required 600 feet, no worries contact the Fire District for an approval letter. You will turn this in along with your building permit application.
Do I need to provide a canal easement letter?
Yes, when there is a canal that runs across your property.
- You will need to go the canal company and have them give you an easement letter stating that you are building outside of their easement.
- Contact information can be found on the Building Permit Application.
Do I need a road encroachment letter?
Yes, if your are not in an approved subdivision with curb, gutter and sidewalk.
The Uintah County Road Department requires all new construction sites to obtain an encroachment permit to ensure that the county roads will not be damaged as driveways, utilities and other improvements are installed on the property.
- Contact Information for the Road Department can be found on the building permit application.
What is proof of ownership?
- Most current tax statement;
- Deed; or
- Property information sheet.
Do I need engineered plans for noncommercial/residential buildings?
If your framed wall height exceeds 10’
If your building is a steel structure, even if it a pre-manufactured kit like a coast to coast building.
- If your structure is non-typical construction. Some examples of this are: log homes, straw construction, green style construction.
- If you have a question about if your building needs engineering please do not hesitate to call us or stop by our office.
Do I need to submit two sets of plans?
Yes, you will need to provide us with two sets of plans.
- You will get one approved set back when you pick up your permit. We keep the other set on file until 6 months after a certificate of occupancy has been issued or the permit is voided/closed.