Uintah County | State of Utah
Search The Site    

Requirements For Obtaining A Passport:


The applicant should fill out Form DS-11 on the Travel.State.Gov website and bring the form to the Uintah County Clerk/Auditor's Office:
147 East Main
Vernal, Utah 84078


The office is open, between the hours of 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Monday through Friday. (The office is not open on Saturday or Sunday)

  • All passport fees must be paid by personal check, cashier's check or money order made to, " US Department of State". Processing is approximately 6 weeks. Fee Schedule
  • An execution fee of $25.00 for each passport must be paid to the Uintah County Clerk/Auditor by check, money order or cash, plus postage (2-3 day priority $4.75, 2 day express $16.63)
  • For faster processing, you may request expedited service for a fee of $184.96 for adults and $154.96 for children under 16, plus one-way overnight delivery, and you will receive your passport within three weeks.
  • A Passport Card is now available for land or port crossings, but cannot be used for international travel by air.

Application requirements:

  • 2 passport quality pictures;
  • Proof of citizenship, such as an old passport, or a certified birth certificate;
  • Picture identification, such as a driver license, or military identification(if presenting an out-of-state drivers license, must have 2 forms of ID);
  • Parents' birth dates, and parents' birthplaces;
  • All applicants must appear in person;
  • Parents must present proof of identification for minor children;
  • Passport Application Guidelines for children under 14.
  • Routine service is receipt within 4-6 weeks and expedited service is receipt within 2-3 weeks after application has been submitted to and prepared by the Clerk/Auditor's Office.

Application by mail:

If your most recent passport was issued less than 15 years ago and can submit it, if you were at least 16 years of age when your most recent US passport was issued and you use the same name as on your most recent passport, you may obtain a form and submit your own application.

For this purpose you may obtain a passport application form from the Uintah County Clerk/Auditor's Office, or you can obtain a copy from the internet: Form DS-82

Tips for Travelers:

  • Familiarize yourself with local laws and customs. Remember, when in a foreign country, you are subject to the laws of the country
  • Make 2 photo copies of your passport identification page. Leave one at home. Carry the other in your luggage (Not with your passport)
  • Leave a copy of your itinerary with family or friends at home.
  • If you get in serious trouble or if your passport is lost/stolen, call the nearest U. S. Consulate.

Visit the U. S. Department of State and it's Bureau of Consular affairs, which includes passport services, at it's internet site: http://travel.state.gov for passport and other travel information. In addition, contact the National Passport Information Center (NPIC) at 1-877-487-2778. or by e-mail at NPIC@state.gov. Customer Service Representatives are available M-F 7am - 12 midnight EST (excluding Federal holidays). Automated information is available 24/7.


Election Information




Copyright 2003 Uintah County. All rights reserved.
Home Commission Agendas Departments County Code Elections Employee E-Mail Contacts Links